Book a Tapas Cooking Competition in Barcelona! This brilliant team building activity will teach you how to prepare some unique and exciting Catalan and Spanish tapas. You will compete against other groups to prepare the best tapas in town. Discover who is the next Gordon Ramsay and who will be living their own kitchen nightmare!
|VENUE||Depends on the group size.|
Tasty Team Building in Barcelona: How does it work?
Taking part in one of the most delicious team building activities in Barcelona could not be simpler! When you arrive at the professional kitchen, you will be greeted by the head chef. Your group will then be split into teams (we can do this for you or you can choose your own teams beforehand) and set to work creating some fun local dishes.
Each team will prefer different tapas which will be sampled and judged by the head chef at the end. The teams will also have the help of an assistant to guide them the through the process and answer any questions you might have about the preparation of the ingredients and the best ways to cook and present them.
It’s important to remember the assistant is there to do just that – assist! They won’t be cooking for you so bring you’re a-game and ask as many questions as you can to help be crowned the winners. While the dishes have specific ingredients, you will need to use some creativity, flare and style to make the best plate in the room!
Tapas in Barcelona: Which tapas will we make?
The dishes our chef has selected for you to prepare are popular all over Catalonia and Spain. If when you think of tapas, you think of olives, cheese and ham, think again! While those nibbles are still enjoyed by everyone, you will need a little bit more skill and imagination to prepare what we have on the menu. Succulent sausages, juicy mussels and fresh squid are all ingredients you will find in our competition.
Our regular menu features a variety of Spanish style tapas made with Seafood, Meats, Vegetables and Cheeses The menu can be adjusted to suit dietary requirements and allergies, please let us know in advance.
- Pincho de Chistorra con Pimientos del padrón – Basque chorizo style sausage with a special Spanish green pepper on top of a slice of bread)
- Rollito de cabrales – A mix of Cabrales blue cheese and creamy cheese mixed with chopped walnuts wrapped inside a piece of cured smoked beef and covered with a sherry reduction)
- Mejillones a la vinagreta – Freshly cooked mussels served with a nice vinaigrette with chopped vegetables.
- Tortilla Española – The Classic Spanish omelet made with potato, onion and eggs
- Bruscetta with wild mushrooms and Spanish ham
- Pan tomaquet – Traditional Catalonian Bread with tomato
- Calamares encebollados – Fresh squid lovingly cooked with onion and white wine
- Botifarra esparracada – A traditional Catalan dish with local fresh sausage, raisins and pine nuts.
There will also be snacks provided to nibble on while you’re preparing these dishes so that you don’t eat too many of your own ingredients and wind up with a subpar dish!
Team Building Activities in Barcelona are Thirsty Work: What about drinks?
If you’re thinking that you’d like a glass of something to help ease the pressure, we can help! Included in the activity are wine, beer, water and soft drinks, which you can drink while cooking and when everyone sits down at the end to share all the tapas that have been prepared. You won’t leave feeling hungry or thirsty, we can guarantee that.
How do we win?
We’re glad you asked! Teams will be judged on the following criteria:
- Presentation: does it look pretty on the plate or have you presented a car crash of ingredients to our picky head chef?
- Flavour: does it taste as good as it looks?
- Speed: we don’t have all day! The challenge is three hours in duration, how fast can you get your plates up to the pass without compromising on look and flavour?
- Teamwork: if you’ve got a budding chef on your team, that’s great, but we want to see everyone working together to create the dishes – otherwise it’s not much of a team building activity, is it?!
Once our chef has taste-tested everyone’s dishes, a winner will be chosen and crowned the Barcelona Tapas Cooking Competition Champions! Everyone will get a glass of chilled cava with which to toast the winners. We can also organise a prize/trophy for the teams, please let us know if this is something you would like to add when you get in touch.
Book a Tapas Cooking Competition in Barcelona if you’re looking for:
- Group activities in Barcelona
- Team building in Barcelona.
Get in touch today at email@example.com or by calling +34 935 008 226.
Learn more about Team Building in Barcelona
The most delicious competition in town! Learn how to make tasty tapas while competing against your colleagues to make the best one. Finish the day by eating it all, washing it down with wine and beer.
- 2-3 Chef assistants (all speak English fluently)
- Staff for cleaning and serving
- Snacks to eat during the cooking (Spanish cured meats and cheese and Catalan bread with tomato)
- Dessert of Mel i Mato (Fresh Catalan cheese) with crushed walnuts and mix of fresh berries
- Wine, Beer, Water and Soft Drinks.