Book a Tapas Cooking Competition in Barcelona! This brilliant team building activity will teach you how to prepare some unique and exciting Catalan and Spanish tapas.
Compete against other groups to prepare the best tapas in town. Discover who’s the next Gordon Ramsay and who will be living their own kitchen nightmare!
|VENUE||Depends on the group size|
How does it work?
Taking part in one of the most delicious team building activities in Barcelona could not be simpler! When you arrive at the professional kitchen, you will be greeted by the Head Chef. Your group will then be split into teams (we can do this for you or you can choose your own teams beforehand) and then get to work creating some fun, local dishes.
Tapas will be tasted and judged by the Head Chef at the end. The teams will also have the help of an assistant to guide them through the process and answer any questions about the preparation of the ingredients, and the best ways to cook and present them.
However, it’s important to remember that the assistant is there to do just that – assist! They won’t be cooking for you, so bring your A-game and ask as many questions as you can so your team can be crowned as the winners.
Which tapas will we make?
The dishes our chef has selected for you are popular all over Catalonia and Spain. When you think of tapas and only think, of olives, cheese, and ham – then think again!
While those are enjoyed by everyone, you will need a little bit more skill and imagination to prepare what we have on the menu. Succulent sausages, juicy mussels, and fresh squid are all ingredients you will find in our competition.
Our regular menu features a variety of Spanish-style tapas made with seafood, meats, vegetables, and cheeses.
Note: the menu can be adjusted to suit dietary requirements and allergies, please let us know in advance.
Tasty Tapas Cooking Competiton Menu
- Pincho de Chistorra con Pimientos del padrón
- Basque chorizo-style sausage with a special Spanish green pepper on top of a slice of bread
- Rollito de cabrales
- A mix of blue cheese ‘cabrales’ and cream cheese, mixed with chopped walnuts wrapped inside a piece of cured smoked beef and covered with a sherry reduction
- Mejillones a la vinagreta
- Freshly cooked mussels served with a vinaigrette and chopped vegetables
- Tortilla Española
- The Classic Spanish omelette made with potato, onion, and eggs
- Bruscetta with wild mushrooms and Spanish ham
- Pan tomaquet
- Traditional Catalonian bread with tomato
- Calamares encebollados
- Fresh squid lovingly cooked with onion and white wine
- Botifarra esparracada
- A traditional Catalan dish with fresh local sausage, raisins, and pine nuts.
There will also be snacks provided to nibble on while you’re preparing these dishes so you don’t eat too many of your own ingredients and wind up with a subpar dish!
Team building activities are thirsty work – what about drinks?
If you’re thinking that you’d like a glass of something to help ease the pressure, we can help! Included in the activity is wine, beer, water and soft drinks, which you can drink while cooking and when everyone sits down at the end to share all the tapas that have been prepared. You won’t leave feeling hungry or thirsty – we can guarantee that.
How do we win?
We’re glad you asked! Teams will be judged on the following criteria:
- Presentation: does it look pretty on the plate or have you presented a car crash of ingredients to our picky Head Chef?
- Flavour: does it taste as good as it looks?
- Speed: we don’t have all day! The challenge is three hours in duration, so how fast can you get your plates together without compromising on look and flavour?
- Teamwork: if you’ve got a budding chef on your team, that’s great, but we want to see everyone working together to create the dishes – otherwise it’s not much of a team building activity, is it?
Once our chef has taste-tested everyone’s dishes, a winner will be chosen and crowned the Barcelona Tapas Cooking Competition Champions!
Everyone will get a glass of chilled cava to toast the winners. We can also organise a prize/trophy for the teams – please let us know if this is something you would like to add when you get in touch.
Book a Tapas Cooking Competition in Barcelona if you’re looking for:
- Group activities in Barcelona
- Team building in Barcelona
For more food-centric activities, check out our Food Tours in Barcelona and Paella Cooking Competition.
Get in touch today at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +34 935 008 226.
Learn more about Team Building in Barcelona
FAQ: Barcelona Treasure Hunt
Our Barcelona Photo Treasure Hunt is one of the most popular activities that we offer. It’s a fun way to get acquainted with Barcelona and do some team building. Since we often get questions about this memorable city scavenger hunt, we’ve compiled some answers for you. How does your Barcelona Photo Treasure hunt work? It’s
Team Building: A Flamenco Class in Barcelona
BarcelonaTours has been offering a private flamenco class for team building and group activities in Barcelona for many years. It has always been one of our most popular activities, and today we decided to put the spotlight on this activity and one of our hardworking teachers, Lucero. What is flamenco? If you type the word
Affordable Team Building Activities in Barcelona
If you’ve been searching for creative and affordable team building activities to do in Barcelona, you’re in the right place. Barcelona is an excellent location for your next team building activity, but with so many options available in this dynamic city it can be easy to blow the budget. We’ve put together a list of
Team Building in Barcelona: FAQ
Planning a Team Building in Barcelona When planning a team building event, it can be difficult to know where to start or even why you’re planning such an event at all. Check out our Team Building in Barcelona FAQ for answers to some of your burning questions related to team building activities. Planning an event
The most delicious competition in town! Learn how to make tasty tapas while competing against your colleagues to make the best one. Finish the day by eating it all, washing it down with wine and beer.
- 2-3 Chef assistants (all speak English fluently)
- Staff for cleaning and serving
- Snacks to eat during the cooking (Spanish cured meats and cheese and Catalan bread with tomato)
- Dessert of Mel i Mato (Fresh Catalan cheese) with crushed walnuts and mix of fresh berries
- Wine, Beer, Water and Soft Drinks.